Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Women Taking the Reins: Financial Influence on the Move
0830 Networking and continental breakfast
Approved for 1 hour of CFP, NC CPE, NC CLE, NC CIE
This session will also be broadcast on Zoom and shown live at a meeting at Footnotes Coffee.
SPEAKER: Paula McMillan, CPA/PFS, CFP, CGMA
Paula is a Senior Financial Advisor with fee-only RIA Stearns Financial Group. Paula has prior Big Four and large regional accounting firm experience, as well as Fortune 500 experience in the financial services industry. She has traveled extensively throughout the U.S., Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East to serve clients with an international consulting firm.
Paula serves on the AICPA’s PFS Credential and Advanced Personal Financial Planning Conference Committees and the Society for Financial Service Professionals’ Foundation Board.
Seeing a need for greater financial empowerment for women, Paula founded and chairs the
NCACPA Triad Women’s Initiatives Group and actively participates in Financial Focus for
Paula is also an active member of the Greensboro Estate Planning Council and NAPFA.
Paula has been published and quoted in national and local publications, including AICPA’s The Tax Adviser, Kiplinger’s and The Business Journal. She created two AICPA podcast series on retirement planning and women and wealth. She is a TEDx presenter on the topic of Retirement: Longevity and Security. Paula regularly delivers presentations to national, regional and local audiences on Social Security, Retirement Planning, Women and Wealth and Financial Wellness.
ABSTRACT: There is a shift in influence underway. Maybe you have seen it, heard it, or felt it. You are more likely to see more and more women at the table with you, seeking planning opportunities.
Did you know?
- Women are already the breadwinners or co-breadwinners in 2/3 of the American households
- In 40% of couples, she earns more, in another third, she earns the same amount
- Of the tremendous intergenerational wealth transfer, 70% will pass to daughters, likely creating more breadwinner decision-makers
- 95% of women will be responsible for family finances at some point
Is she, the breadwinner woman, ready? After this session, you will better understand:
- Unique Concerns, Behaviors and Goals Women Have Around Money
- The Role of Education in Advising Women
- How Specific Life Transitions Often Impact Women
- How These Differences Can Be Advantages in Achieving Successful Financial and Life Outcomes
- The Opportunity that Exists in Building Deeper, More Fulfilling Relationships with Women
Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 8:30 AM until 10:00 AM
Footnote Coffee & Cocktails
634 W 4th St ste 120
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Payment In Full In Advance Only